4/12/09

just a quick update...

I think periodic updates might be the way to go from now on.

what I've been spinning:

Wavves - Wavves (on the dude from No Age's label - ambient, lo-fi and poppy hooks.)

Sebadoh - Bakesale (I'm humoring Amazon's 'best indie albums' list but, some visits to old favorites have been nice.)

Violent Soho - I Don't Belong Here (This Australian band understands grunge - I appreciate it as an updated homage.)

'Jesus Stole My Girlfriend'


Vivian Girls - Surfs Up 7" (dreamy psych-surf saturated in low fidelity and to the point pop understanding.)



Lilys - A Brief History of Amazing Letdowns
(Ginger, Gigner, Ginger!)

Also, I appear to be the only one unimpressed with the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album and particularly, the lead-single 'Zero' - just don't dig it.

TV on the Radio is in town this week - if you are in LA and can, catch them at the Ventura theatre, not the Glass House - trust me, Ventura >>>>>>> Pomona. Eat at Winchester's too :)